Wanamassa Fire Company welcomes all individuals who are 14 to 18 years of age for the Junior Firefighter Program, and 18 years of age and older for regular membership.
If you are interested in volunteering your time for your community, and would like access to a rewarding experience and many other member benefits, then just follow these steps to join our Fire Company.
1) Call the firehouse at (732) 775-9784 ext.3400 and leave a message stating your name, address, phone number and the best time to call you. Or you could stop by the Fire Station located at 2001 Sunset Ave. to pick up an application, or Download Fire Company Application here.
2) Once you fill out your application, you will then have to get fingerprinted at the Township Ocean Police Department. When the fingerprints are completed, you will return your application to the Fire District #2 Fire Coordinator's Office.
3) Upon review of the application by the Fire Company and your background check is completed and is clear, you will be contacted by the Membership Committee to set up a date and time for an interview. At your interview, our Membership Committee discuss what our Company rules, regulations and expectations are.
4) Providing the results of the above are all favorable, you will then be sent for a physical examination.
5) When the results of your physical are obtained, you will receive the necessary dates and scheduling of upcoming Fire Department meetings and training drills. You then will begin a one year probationary membership into the Wanamassa Fire Company.